Mr. Right?? Mr.Right-Now?? Mr. Wrong??!! — They say we learn from our mistakes, so I figure for all the Mr. Wrongs I’ve met, and even dated, surely I must be on the path to meeting Mr. Right soon? Soon-ish? Before I’m in a wheelchair needing hip replacement surgery??!! Oh god! I’m starting to sound desperate! Doesn’t the pool of men begin to diminish as we start to get older? Or is it just the pool I’m interested in? It seems the age of men I find attractive has stayed the same, which now apparently makes me a Cougar! Okay, sure, lots of young guys like older, “experienced” women but, are they actually serious about dating? Umm, that’s pretty much a big fat no! So I’ll file them away to that Mr. Right-Now category, which, well, cover your ears Mom and Dad, has become quite a long list. It also gives me some juicy stories to tell you about in the future.
So what I want to know is— “How do you find Mr. Right in an ocean of not the right guys?” It’s literally like finding a needle in a fucking haystack! Well, I put this challenge upon myself this year– to start weeding through all these wrong/not-so-right/ok-for-right-now/boy-toys. How else do you find anyone unless you put yourself out there and try?
Now- I’m sure you’re also wondering what my Mr. Right consists of, as we all know that what is right for one person, isn’t right for another. First off, he has to be hot! Like superfuckable hot! Shit, did I just write that for everyone to read? Opps! So when I say hot, I mean like a Calvin Klein model, six-pack and all-that, kind of hot! Okay, I know what you’re thinking– You’re saying to yourself right now “Is this chick for real? Could she really be that vain?” and “Calvin Klein model look-a-likes, the few that there are, are hardly serious bf material!” Oh, you’re probably additionally thinking “Does she really think she’s going to win the lottery and find a guy who is supermodel hot and wants to date?” Well, here’s the thing, I have been on some dates with some seriously hot, hot, hot guys- enough times I’m high five-ing myself right now! But, and it’s a big but, right there, this is where I start to go wrong and where I go off track but, — damn! How can you not resist a wee bit of yummy boy-toy candy every once in a while??!!
“Unless his name is Usher and he is a famous singer, then that’s okay.”
Okay, back to who fits my Mr. Right criteria. You’ve probably figured this out already— I’m picky! Really, really picky! I reckon, though, we owe it to ourselves to have standards. If I keep fit, then why can’t I expect this in a guy? So, in addition to fit-attractive men, I like:
- Tall. My rule has always been, if you’re shorter than me when I wear heels, which I pretty much live in, then I’m not interested. I have had more than one girlfriend almost smack me on the head for not being more open-minded, so I would like to say, I have tried really hard recently to be accepting of dates with guys of at least my height. Progress!
- I tend to gravitate to white boys. Yep, those Caucasian ones. Tall, dark, and handsome might be in my dreams but, in reality I rarely go for them. White boys with a healthy golden tan because they’ve been climbing mountains, sign me up!
- Maybe #1 of importance, and I’d say “make or break”, is that whoever I date long term, has traveled and wants to travel more. This is their lifestyle, not just a one-off holiday or gap break.
- Is not looking for a baby mama!
- Is kind, funny, intelligent, witty, active/fit, blah, blah, blah…
- Sex. Has to be great in bed, and there has to be an amazing connection. Obviously, this is subjective, so I’ll get into more detail about what I think defines “great in bed” in one of my future posts.
Sooo, if you’re reading this right now, and you think “Wait, I know the perfect guy for her” –but– “he’s a bit of a couch potatoe.”, then just stop right there! “But, he has a passport!” Not good enough! “But, he isn’t looking for a Baby Mama because he has three already!” No, no, no! Unless his name is Usher and he is a famous singer, then that’s okay. — I’ve often told people that Usher is my only ever potential Baby Daddy. He is sooo fucking hot! ——– Sorry, got sidetracked for a moment there as I pictured rubbing my hands down Usher’s washboard stomach, oh my!
Right! Back to the topic on hand! Now, this doesn’t mean I want you to stop thinking about who you know that might be the perfect guy for me, I just want to make sure we’re in unison. Okay, so now that you get the idea of what I’m interested in, let’s find out about my dating adventures, and not-so-much dating adventures— How I came to be looking for Mr. Right.
Read my upcoming posts to continue on this journey with me as I search for my ever elusive Mr. Right. You can follow me here, or on https://www.facebook.com/jossdatingblog/